Kooth – Online counselling for 11-25 year olds
16th July 2020
Kooth is the newly commissioned online counselling service for 11 – 25 yr olds in Norfolk & Waveney.
Since it was launched in May, an increasing amount of young people have accessed the service, with very positive feedback so far. We’re still very keen to keep promoting this, especially in schools and colleges.
Kooth’s offer includes:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- Online Magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
- No referral required. Young people can register for Kooth independently at www.kooth.com
If you’re a school or college staff member and are willing to promote this, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will ensure you have access to downloadable resources.
Kooth are also running a further zoom webinar for professionals in the next few weeks. We’re particularly keen for colleagues in schools and colleges to attend, but all are welcome:
|Date||Time||Webinar Link||Registration Link|
|23rd July 2020||1.00-2.00pm||https://zoom.us/j/91824324626||https://forms.gle/aMy4iTAgvo93SLEE9|